September is National Preparedness Month. So what better time for BOLDplanning to kick off its new Emergency Management Thought Leadership Webinar Series? The first of these free, but highly informative sessions, will take place on Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 2 PM EDT. The guest speaker will be Mike Harryman, Oregon’s first State Resilience Officer. Registration is quick and easy (but spots are limited)—just click here to secure yours now.
In this insightful, one-hour webinar, Mike will highlight:
- Awareness of Continuity of Operations Plans (COOPs) in the Executive Branch of State Government
- Assessment: Knowing Where You Stand
- Getting Started: Policy and Guidance
- Timelines (Eating the Elephant):
- Year 1 (Building the System from the Bottom Up)
- Year 2 (Disaster Recovery)
- Year 3 (Maintenance and Updates)
- Leveraging the BOLDplanning Tool
- Testing (Tabletops)
- Coordination with Legislative and Judicial Branches, and more!
For those of you who don’t know Mike already, he has served in this unique and demanding capacity since 2016. The position was created in response to the Oregon Resilience Plan, a long-term planning document with a 50-year horizon. Prior to this appointment, Mike served as the Director of Emergency Operations within the Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division: Health Security, Preparedness and Response program. He is also a veteran of the 1991 Gulf War, and in 1999, retired after a 22-year career at the rank of Master Sergeant from the U.S. Army/Oregon Army National Guard.
Clearly, we all have a lot to learn from Mike’s past experiences and current role. Whether you’re a state resilience executive, a local emergency manager or a private sector continuity coordinator, you will NOT want to miss this timely and informative online learning event. Again, spots are limited, so register for the webinar now!